BOUNCING Back

I've been home from vacation for a little more than two weeks, and still haven't plugged in my Bernina. So it's been about five weeks since I've sewn (not counting the hand quilting that I have in progress in front of the television).

It's not that I'm giving up quilting, and it's not that the sewing studio is so cluttered that I can't reach the machine (though that isn't far from the truth!). It's a couple of other things: First, I'm still feeling glow-y and relaxed from our wonderful trip, and don't feel driven to spend every possible moment sewing. Second, I've been spending a significant amount of time at blurb which I sort of discovered through Julie, who published a lovely book of her haiku quilts there. I'm editing the blog posts about my trip and turning them into a keepsake book. It was that important of a trip. The editing takes a lot of time; I had just about finished and realized that I wanted my book to be a different size, and had to start over. So that is what has been keeping me busy during my expendable time.

But Summer Hours began today (Hallelujah!). For the next nine weeks I'll be working from 8-1 instead of 7:30-4 and I know I'm going to want to sew. Shortly before going away, I bought this pattern and am eager to dive into it. Now the situation is getting complicated because I just discovered Bounce, by Miss Rosie, and think I really, really, need to do something about it. I've got a giant Rubbermaid tub full of batiks and a bolt of Kona black. Each of these quilts would be gorgeous in those fabrics.

Where should I start?????


Comments

I say dive into those batiks!!
Quiltdivajulie said…
I think you can do both ... each will feed the other.
OMG, start with the batiks; they will keep you going...sounds gorgeous!
I love Blurb. I use it to make books of my blog year by year. It is an easy back up type of thing.
Janet O. said…
The book of your trip is a grand idea! Well worth the time it takes.
I think whatever you make will be fulfilling if it is made with batiks and black. Love those together!!
Thelma said…
Add some Bounce to your life, you won't regret it, it's nothing but fun!
Salem Stitcher said…
Either one will be great but I am fascinated with the Mazed myself!